Unexpected Burmese Orion says hello!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Blue Orion
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Unexpected Burmese Orion says hello!

Post by Blue Orion »

Hi Lilith, Crewella and everyone else who offered me advice TWO whole years ago... I can't believe it's been so long!

Cutting to the end of the story, my unexpected Burmese friend and I stuck it out and we are still together - he's just had his fifth birthday (official, of course, like the Queen!) He's settled in and TOTALLY rules the roost. He is still destroying carpets, stealing food and trying to escape at every opportunity but I LOVE HIM and he, I think, "slow blinks" me :D

He has had an 'interesting' life in the last two years, including a weekend in the vets on a drip having eaten his way through two slices of fruit cake and a trip to the 'Super Vet' to have a salivary gland chain removed but, all in all, he is of the good. Although he did nearly lose a life when he licked a hole through my bar of chocolate and it wasn't from theobromine poisoning ;) . And I have finally found the only thing in the universe he will not eat - Promax for treating him after all the bad things he DOES eat... :lol:

He has learned two tricks - "sit" and "meerkat" - both in response to food. He is still obsessed with everything he can eat so I guess that's just how it is for him: we now have a copious array of clip-top plastic boxes :) And he does like to sit up for dinner...
Orion waiting for dinner (2).jpg
Thank you for all the early encouragement - it really helped.
Long may the adventures continue.

Love Blue Orion and 'blue' Orion! x
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Unexpected Burmese Orion says hello!

Post by booktigger »

Aww, bless him - my cat also likes to eat things she shouldn't! Luckily not enough to end up in hospital though.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Unexpected Burmese Orion says hello!

Post by Lilith »

Hi, great to hear from you and Orion ... fruitcake??? :o Typical!

They may be a headache but never a bore, eh?

He's a magnificent lad and looking very well despite his excesses - bad lad! Please give him a big fuss and cuddle from me x