Vibes for little Fred

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Vibes for little Fred

Post by booktigger »

Bless, glad he could be trusted!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aww!

They're men ... :roll: :lol:
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

Aw they look so peaceful together. I think little Fred was glad of a comfy place to fully stretch out on.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Fred has been doing very well but over the weekend he has gone quiet and he has quite runny poos! So we took him back to the vets this morning. He is still there. They are going to keep him in a couple of days, sort his tummy problems, change his bandage and, as the vet said, give me time to get the washing dry! :lol: I have been without a washer for over a week - hand washing stinky towels (plus all the rest of the laundry!) is no joke! :(

New washer comes tomorrow, don't stand still or I'll throw you in for a scrub! Funny thing is over the last couple of weeks the cats have been very reluctant to come into the lounge where Freddie has been confined. Now they are all here. Cats eh? I do miss my little fuzz ball. I hope he is OK.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Sue..praying all ok with little Freddie. You’ll be glad once that wm arrives...Vivian
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Paws crossed he's ok!

Could it be any meds that he's on?

Sending all good vibes and wishes we can muster! x

Oh, and happy new washing machine :)
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

Here's hoping there is nothing serious wrong with little Fred and i'll be keeping all fingers and toes crossed until he is back home.

Isn't it a bit sad how we can get all excited over a new bit of essential equipment. I have promised myself a new bathroom suit when the money from Mum comes through, including replacing the bath which we never use, with one of these fancy steam shower cabinets. Then I noticed the old shower was leaking where the front and back casing met. Water and electricity make me nervous so new shower time regardless. I hadn't realised how bad the old one was until I tried the new one.

Hopefully your washing machine will arrive with similar domestic fanfare.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

I hate buying new stuff.

I had to replace my microwave - well the old one was pretty rank; there were bat droppings and David Attenborough's socks in there ... And as I was redoing the kitchen I splurged on pans, kettle, toaster, microwave in retro pale green. Even an ignoramus like me can use a toaster and kettle, but that microwave ...

I still don't know how to defrost or keep something warm ... it just blinks at me ...

And that's 18 months ago ...

Blinking thing ... :twisted: :?

Again everything crossed for Fred!
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Everything crossed for Freddie
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

So sorry, late to this one, what a time you’ve been through together. Hope he’ll be home with you soon x
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

We hope to pick up Freddie later this afternoon. They haven't changed the bandage as they want to leave it as long as possible before they Xray again. So he has to go back on Friday. They say his tummy has settled down again but haven't said what caused it or if they have given him anything. We'll see this afternoon.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

Glad to hear he will be back home soon and hopefully they can tell you what caused the dodgy stomach, but sometimes with things like that there isn't a definitive answer.

I'll be keeping the fingers crossed that the x rays show good news on Friday.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Oh good - I was worried. Good luck with the X-rays! x
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

He's home! The vet, Luis, seemed very reluctant to let him go. He got one of the nurses to bring out the carrier while he carried Freddie and before he handed him over, kissed the top of Fred's head and cuddled him one more time. Seems they have all fallen for MY little boy! :lol:

Luis was delighted with Freddies progress. The bones are knitting just fine, the wound is almost invisible and his tummy problems have settled down. The bandage is off now so he has to have STRICT cage rest for THREE WEEKS! It's going to be a LONNNGG three weeks! :roll:
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Aww, bless! I had the opposite with Lucy, they discharged her early cos they couldn't do anything with her!
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

That's very cheering news. I have the same problem with Tilly charming all vets and vet nurses in sight! Freddy is fortunate his imprisonment is only for 3 weeks, Tilly had to stay in her cage for much longer than that. But it will be worth it when he comes out with 4 working legs.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Yeah Freddie’s home without the bandage but with an Elizabethan Collar ... and by all reports the op was successful & Freddie’s won everyone over at the clinic. Vivian & still a The Famous Four from Oz.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Aww, that's brilliant news! :D

Roll on the Autumn Equinox and a free Fred! :D
Last edited by Lilith on Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Thanks Lilith. He is supposed to be on total cage rest. But he just seems to be happy lying on the sofa beside me. It is a bit limiting. If I want to do anything I have to put him in his cage and then the crying starts 'MUUMMYYY!' :roll: OH bought him out to me this afternoon (I was just having a potter around the garden) Fred's little face lit up when he saw me, aw, such a sweetie.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

I'm glad he is happy sitting with you, when Lucy had room rest I tried putting her in the sofa with me but I couldn't relax as she didn't settle and kept trying to get upstairs!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

On Friday we took little Freddie to the vets for his check up and X-ray. He is fine and has been discharged!! Luis said he can have access to the house (providing he doesn't jump around too much - yeh, right! :roll: ) but is not allowed outside for a few more WEEKS! Yikes, that's going to be tough.

Still he is doing fine and all you can see on the X-rays are the pins. If he is happy with them they can stay but if they bother him they can come out - but not yet. Luis explained that although the bone had set, it would not be really strong for a few months.

Anyway, I have just taken some photos of the little man NOT climbing on to the wardrobe (!) to see what Billy was up to. Billy was snoozing in Tom's old basket. 5 of our 6 were in our bedroom at the same time, so I carried on photographing them. Willow looks positively dusty in this light. Bob is looking grumpy for some reason and as for Grace - now you know why we call her Pickle Puss! My mum would call that 'the face that bought the barrow back and forgot the halfpenny change'. :lol: :lol:

Almost back to normal now - or what passes for normal around here! Thanks everyone for your support. It is much appreciated. xx
That boy never has his eyes open!
That boy never has his eyes open!
That's better
That's better
Wills
Wills
Checking each other out
Checking each other out
Photogenic Billy
Photogenic Billy
Cheer up Bob!
Cheer up Bob!
If looks could kill
If looks could kill
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Aww! Great news, and smashing photographs - I bet you're glad the cage rest is over and so is he. Lovely to see them :D
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Glad that he has got the all clear, hopefully the cold weather will put him off wanting to go outside.
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

So pleased the worst is over now, well done! Your gorgeous crew look very happy about it!
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Glad Freddy is nearly better. Can see why the vets all swooned over him!
WilliamTobias

Post by WilliamTobias »

How is she now??
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

WilliamTobias wrote:How is she now??
Hi William, thanks for asking. Freddie is doing really well, thank God! I have given up trying to keep him in as his brother, Billy, has found out how to fool the cat flap and opens it for Fred. :roll: But he is happily zooming around the garden, then coming in to be dried off and to get something to eat - basically back to normal. :D

This photo was taken a couple of days ago. His fur is growing back well and, for once, he has his eyes open!
rsz_027 (1).jpg