Miss him so much

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Bertie 2017
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Miss him so much

Post by Bertie 2017 »

It’s been almost 10 months since ,I lost my dear Bertie ,and I feel ,it’s so hard too let
Go ,I am not eating ,just sleeping , and feeling like ,I will never ever be happy again
Losing Bertie has hit me hard , and I can never ,seem too accept my loss and move on ,
I long for the good times , And dream of him most nights ,for a while it’s back ,
Too the good old days ,and I awake too see ,his spot on my bed ,empty and cold ,
And that makes me depressed , I feel cheated he was taken so soon ,still them
Seven years ,were the best I ever lived ,Bertie was a unique ,intelligent ,and happy ,
And had a very cheeky face , cat ,ooh how he made me laugh,with his antics ,
He was trouble with a capital T ,always smashing and breaking stuff ,

I miss him so much
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Miss him so much

Post by fjm »

We all grieve differently, but I think that if your unhappiness is making you so deeply depressed after nearly a year it may be time to seek help. It is not letting go, or forgetting him, to accept that life must continue even though he is no longer with you - he was obviously a cat of huge character, who packed a lot of living into those seven years, and he would not want you to suffer in this way. Hold him forever in your heart, and look for someone (human, feline, canine, equine) who can help you through the grief and guilt and back into the daylight.
Bertie 2017
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Bertie 2017 »

Thank you so much for ,your advice ,I am getting good days ,but often ,I will
Have a bad day ,I have Bertie’s brother ,called basil ,he’s a great comfort too me ,
And I did seek medical help ,earlier this year ,was given antidepressants ,they
Seemed too work ,I felt like I was in a haze ,it felt good for a while ,but it soon
Worn off ,I get loads of help and support ,not from family , but pet Breament ,
Supportlines ,and via the internet and email ,so I am in good hands ,and this
Website is amazing ,

Thanks again
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by fjm »

I am glad you are getting help and support - so many people think "just a cat", and don't understand how these small beings weave themselves into every moment of our lives. I hope that little by little the good days take over from the bad ones - think of them as celebrating Bertie's life and the gift of happiness he brought you, and try to honour his memory with smiles at his antics rather than tears. I do know how hard it can be - I too carry beloved companions in my heart and wish they could still be running beside me, but you need to be kind to yourself as well as to your animals.

Give Basil a cuddle from me and tell him to keep up the good work.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

I'm glad to hear you are getting help, as has been said, they are not 'just a cat' they are part of our families and we can grieve for them as much as for any family member we loose.

It sounds like you are moving in the right direction, if slowly. I've never had antidepressants but I have heard people say that they make you feel numb not better, they can help for a short while but aren't a long term solution, having people to talk to about it who understand is a far better option. It sounds like you have managed to get that support network sorted out well for yourself.

If you have some photos of Bertie while he was alive and obviously happy, playing, sunbathing etc, make sure you have them to hand so on the days you do feel bad they can help you remember the the good times you had with him.

Always remember that everyone is different and for you it will take as long as it takes to get through the grief.

Hugs to you and to Basil too.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

I am sorry you are going through this. I just wanted to let you know - you WILL get through it. It takes as long as it takes. You have had good advice already and I second that. Try and avoid antidepressives they cause more problems than they solve and are an easy option for GPs.

Friends are better, and you have friends here. (Hugs) RIP Bertie.
Bertie 2017
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Bertie 2017 »

Thank you so much ,everyone for your kind words and support ,I know you all
Are suffering ,in your own grief ,so thank you so much Bertie would be so happy
I am getting lots of support and understanding
He’d give two paws up