The Cat And The Fox

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
lazarus
Experienced Cat Chatter

The Cat And The Fox

Post by lazarus »

This morning calling cats in before going out to town Barley our 8 1/2 month old male came sauntering through the back garden reluctantly and in tow was a young fox, there was no threatening behaviour from the fox towards Barley, and Barley seemed unconcerned with the fox's presence either. It appears the two were friends. I think I disturbed them playing somewhere.

Is this normal for a cat to befriend a fox? I know Barley doesn't like dogs.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: The Cat And The Fox

Post by Lilith »

Wow, that's amazing - you'll have to try and get photos.

When you think about it there are plenty of cat and dog friendships - and there's always a first time even if Barley has disliked canines before.

That sounds so cool - and I expect Fox is looking for handouts, so s/he'll be back lol.
lazarus
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by lazarus »

Will try and get a photo of them both, it will need to wait until next week though, off on holiday for a week and cats having a holiday at my daughters place.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hope the fox doesn’t fret for his playmate while Barley’s at your daughter’s for the week. Vivian
lazarus
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by lazarus »

More concerned that Barley's playmate fox forgets him and eats him when the holiday is over
:mrgreen:
maryl
New Cat Chatter

Post by maryl »

Mayday21 wrote:Hope that fox doesn’t fret for his playmate while Barley’s at your daughter’s for the week. Vivian
My hope also!