Sensitive control cat food

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Tinkerbeth
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Sensitive control cat food

Post by Tinkerbeth »

So we visited the vet yesterday with our 16week old kitten as she had had diarrhea for over a week and it had started having blood in. He has put her on sensitive control veterinary royal canin. He gave us 6 pouches - she loves it!!!! In the 2weeks she has lived with us, she has hardly eaten and since her first pouch of this one last night she has scoffed all the bowls put in front of her.
My question is... What do I do once I have run out of the 6pouches... Most likely tomorrow.
Do I just go back to her old food wet food (Wilkos own kitten - did have whiskas kitten but really wasn't interested) and she has some kitten dry food too or... Do I go get a sensitive one. The vet didn't say what I should do. :?
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Sensitive control cat food

Post by Kay »

was this the food? https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/pet_food ... cat/516254 - there are biscuits too if she likes dry food

Zooplus deliver to me in 48 hours usually, and are generally cheaper than other suppliers, and particulary cheaper than vets, but your vet should be able to sell you enough until you can buy more

I would certainly keep her on it for several weeks, to give her system time to settle, and build up her strength - not eating enough is bad news for kitterns - and if she seems well and is putting on weight, you could try to introduce other food gradually
Tinkerbeth
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Tinkerbeth »

Thanks! Yeah I've just been looking at zooplus so might get her some more of it.
Total random question.. how many 100g pouches a day should a kitten have (roughly)
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

it goes by weight - https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/can ... iet/516254 - click on feeding guide

ideally you should be feeding kitten food, but settling her tum and getting her eating regulary is more important at the moment

you could though try her with James Wellbeloved kitten pouches https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/can ... ten/407705
vanilla
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by vanilla »

Hi TinkerBeth,

My kitten had the same problem. He's now on grain-free foods. I have Wainwrights, Lily's Kitchen, James Wellbeloved, Royal Canine Sensitive and Natures Menu. I like to have a selection of foods so that he doesn't get fussy. I noticed when he ate my other cats food ie Felix, whiskas or Gourmet he was very gassy and had silent but violent farts. Poo was also runny. On grain-free wet and dry, he has no problems and the perfect stool sample, which makes me so happy to see! :lol:
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

My neighbours cat had been like yours Tinkerbeth for a long time on and off but it was getting worse. She was advised “Hills” grain free by the vet and go back if no better. The Hills was taking ages to arrive so she went into the Pet Store and asked them and they said Nature’s Menu is a very good one. She gave her cat that and he was back to normal straight away. So she gives both her cats that now and is keeping them on it (as her other cat likes it even more!). She may get other makes of grain free eventually, but that’s the one she’s using at the minute, dry and wet.