Pet blankets for cats

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
lazarus
Experienced Cat Chatter

Pet blankets for cats

Post by lazarus »

Anyone know of pet blanket for cats that don't hold cat hairs into the blanket fibres.
Not sure if I explained that right :D Ideally a b lanket that you could just take a single wipe or shake outside. I'm a man so my knowledge on soft furnishing materials is limited :roll:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Pet blankets for cats

Post by Lilith »

Lol, so is mine and I'm a woman :)

I think nearly everything traps hair, but if you're sick of hairiness, why not use puppy pads and throw them out when they get grubby (can anyone tell me why such a clean creature as a cat leaves a patch of grime in its favourite sleeping place?) I use puppy pads as food dish mats and travelling blankets, and my python sleeps on unscented ones. Absorbent (you can't house-train a python) and useful for sick/mud and other stains from cats, and you don't have the bore of washing and drying and de-fluffing the washing machine either. Probably work out cheaper than buying a blanket and washing it regularly too. :)
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

I think the best thing I have come across for not holding cat hairs is actually the fake fur bed throws we have.

Most things seem to actually pull the fur off the cat when they move around on it, these don't. With other things, the fleece particularly, you can be picking off patches of matted cat hair for hours while it is drying on the line, the fake furs never seem to have any on them. We have pale grey and cream ones and with a tabby, a black and white and a white and black cat some hairs would show up, but I never have to brush or hover them and there is never any on them when they have been washed.

I wonder if the fur is manufactured to have a silky feel to it, so the fibres are nice and smooth, the fabric that forms the base material is then covered with all these silky fibres and the hairs never get far enough in to get entrenched in it.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

it's easiest to remove hair from bedding which isn't too soft and thin, which often means using blankets and throws intended for people rather than pets, folded up to provide a substantial base

then something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Glosstock-Ltd- ... r+pet+hair will easily defur it - it also works a treat on upholstery, rugs and carpets - and my duvet :D