Turned a corner

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Bertie 2017
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Turned a corner

Post by Bertie 2017 »

Hi ,as you know ,I lost my dear Bertie ,last November ,and since then I have had
A rollercoaster of emotions ,losing.bertie ,has devastated me ,but I am happy too
Say I feel the worst is behind me ,these last few weeks ,I have reconnected with some
Dear friends of mine ,friends who understand what I have been through ,stepping back into .
The world has really lifted my spirits ,and has brought joy back into my life ,of course
My life is never going too be the same ,ever again ,and I will never ever forget my dear
Bertie ,he was my whole world my everything ,but I feel ,this change is good for me ,
Grief has left me feeling depressed ,drained ,worn out ,so now I am focusing on
Positive thoughts and feelings ,remembering the good times Bertie and I shared
The happy ,laughing ,days they were so many , memories ,life was never dull
When Bertie was around ,he just couldn’t stay out of trouble ,lol he was
A cheeky little fellow ,
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Turned a corner

Post by Ruth B »

Glad to hear you are feeling like the worst is over, it does take a long time and everyone is different so don't feel bad about it having taken so long, concentrate on getting out there and seeing your friends again. I have no doubt there will still be bad days, but hopefully they will get fewer and further between. You'll never forget Bertie, I know I would never want to forget any of my cats no matter how much losing them hurt, but the memories will be of the good times and what a character her was.

If you do find you are having a bad day try and see if your friends are available to help you take your mind off it, and remember we are always here to listen if you need a shoulder to cry on.
Bertie 2017
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Bertie 2017 »

Hi thanks for your support .yes what you say is true ,I feel that once grief
Gets a hold on you ,it doesn’t let go ,so sometimes ,you have too stand up and fight ,
No that doesn’t mean ,I will forget Bertie ,(that could never happen ) but I have too
Put these negative thoughts and emotions behind me ,and make the best of life
I feel blessed too have ,Bertie’s brother basil ,and of course my dear friends
Who stood by me ,even after I pushed them away ,still I will miss Bertie each and
Every day ,that will never change ,but at least my anger and resentment has gone .
I felt so cheated by my loss ,Bertie was only seven ,these feelings nearly destroyed me .
I have never had these feelings before ,I found it so hard too get through the day
And every day tasks were impossible , I even lost weight from not eating ,
This behaviour was out of character for me ,so I decided for the sake of my
Health ,I had too learn to let go ,,but still remember the good times ,Bertie
And I shared ,good times ,that out weight the bad times ,and of course I wish
Too thank everyone on this website ,for being so kind and caring .
FelineGood
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by FelineGood »

When we lose a loved one, whether they be human or furry we do have to get on with living even though it feels like our world has been shaken to it's core.

Your lovely Bertie wouldn't have wanted you to put your life and hold and be consumed by grief. I'm glad you feel you have turned a corner. There will always be a hole left but in time it will be less raw.
Bertie 2017
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Bertie 2017 »

Hi yes ,a broken heart ,will always mend ,but their will always be a scar ,life is
Like a big jigsaw puzzle ,a huge picture ,with pieces missing ,that’s how I see it ,
As for Bertie yes he never liked me getting upset ,I believe cats know and understand
Human emotions ,,my moods would all ways reflect on Bertie when I was sad ,and
Happy etc , I always remember when I was happy ,seeing Bertie running. Sideways
Like a little furry crab lol , he was cheeky ,I miss him so much each and every day .
I feel that will never change ,but I feel I need the strength to heal and move on .
I have had my grieving ,of course I believe ,I will get my moments ,Bertie was
My whole world my everything ,so letting go will be hard ,but I feel I need too ,
It’s not saying Bertie wasn’t important ,, far from it ,but in time everyone has
Too move on ,just like life does ,and what is left behind ,is a lifetime of memories
And love ,too hold on too and cherish ,forever ,