Stray Cat - Advice Needed

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Stray Cat - Advice Needed

Post by booktigger »

Not the outcome you hoped for, but a lovely feeling knowing he is back with his family. I know you thought it was meant to be but maybe the lesson was to show you that you do need feline company and to look at ways to do it
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Well. I'm glad things have been sorted so quickly for Paul, but I'm so very sorry he couldn't stay with you.

The image of him having a whale of a time, playing in the bedroom ... he was so very lucky to have found you and got help. But another loss. :(

With all very best wishes and a hope that another cat, a purr-manent cat, is waiting in the wings ...
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

AndyMac wrote:I just got a message from the vet to say that Pauls owner has been located and she is picking him up later.
Brilliant! imagine they will be so relieved to have found him.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

AndyMac wrote:
I got Mia from Cats Protection but am worried with her RTA that they would be hesitant about letting me have another cat from them.
If you decide to adopt again, I would def cat proof your garden first for peace of mind, as you know it could happen again. Best of luck.
AndyMac
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Post by AndyMac »

Thanks again - yes I am glad that Paul is home with his owner and am sure she is overjoyed to have him back and yes it did hurt to leave him at the vet but realised he was not mine to hold onto - this morning I was looking in the back garden just in case he would show again. I have to admit I did enjoy having him about.

It is a strange turn of events as after I lost Jet in April my next door neighbours cat Hudson who previously ignored me suddenly decided he wanted to be friends and made himself at home - he just wandered into the house and had a sleep on the sofa and I developed a bond with him over a few weeks. This made me realise I could maybe try again and adopted Mia.

Paul then appeared in my life 5/6 weeks after losing Mia and maybe it is a sign that I could maybe try again. I would get one from the adoption centre if I do decide but will seriously think about adopting again.
AndyMac
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by AndyMac »

I got home this evening from work and opened the back door to put rubbish in the bin and who popped his head around the door and came into the house - Paul. I thought WTF - phoned the vet who informed me the owner does live local and she lets him out during the day when at work and keeps him in at night. I will need to be careful with contact with him as I dont want him constantly at the house looking fed.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

OMG!!! :o :o :o

He's a determined little beggar isn't he? :lol:

Talk about putting you in an embarrassing position though!
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

Could you put a paper collar on him asking his owner to contact you? It rather looks as if you care more about his welfare than she does, so who knows ..... he might yet become yours, officially or unofficially
AndyMac
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by AndyMac »

Kay wrote:Could you put a paper collar on him asking his owner to contact you? It rather looks as if you care more about his welfare than she does, so who knows ..... he might yet become yours, officially or unofficially
He is a wee scamp Lilith and it was a nice surprise to see him and again he went upstairs to play with Mia's toys which I had set aside but he decided to drag them out and have a play which I didnt mind.

Kay - I have neighbours across the road who have a cat and dont seem to give a sh*t about it - wee Fang who I have fed now and then over the years. It always comes over to pay me a visit and sleeps under the bush in my front garden. When I am having a vape out the back Fang will stand at my feet - it always puts one paw on my foot - very strange. Fang kept its distance when I had Jet & MIa but when they were gone he was straight over at the house again and was always very affectionate and would sit at the back door waiting for me.

I will have to keep my distance from Paul and not feed him and hopefully he will just wander through the garden. I will always apprectiate him paying a visit but I will not encourage him now I know his owner lives close by.
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by fjm »

My cats have friends like you. They quickly get to know who likes cats, who likes cats enough to have a bag of treats available, and who really, really likes cats and will provide a lap for an hour or two when required. I have kind neighbours who feed them and watch over them if I have to be away for a night or two, and who are now used to having a vociferous cat on their kitchen window sill if they are a tad late with breakfast in the morning. It sounds as if Paul also likes to have places to visit during the day
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Lol - I know who he is -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9-mjj5OQwY

Six dinner Sid! :lol:
AndyMac
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by AndyMac »

fjm wrote:My cats have friends like you. They quickly get to know who likes cats, who likes cats enough to have a bag of treats available, and who really, really likes cats and will provide a lap for an hour or two when required. I have kind neighbours who feed them and watch over them if I have to be away for a night or two, and who are now used to having a vociferous cat on their kitchen window sill if they are a tad late with breakfast in the morning. It sounds as if Paul also likes to have places to visit during the day
Yes I totally agree fjm - I got home from work today and was having a vape in the kitchen and had the back door open and Paul paid me another visit - just walked into the kitchen and straight to the food bowl which had a few biscuits in from last night which I forgot to put away - obviously not enough as he cried for more food which I relented and gave him. I was in the living room and he walked into the hall give a wee cry and went upstairs and heard him playing with the toys - he left after 10mins and have not seen him since - looks like I am a foster daddy now :D

I have an idea who its owner is - I am unsure if I should introduce myself to her or just accept the situation that he will visit now-and-then. As I mentioned previously my neighbours cat Hudson would spend the night with me and next morning after he was fed he was out - typical man - I just felt so used and dont not think I could go through that again :lol: :lol: :lol:
AndyMac
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by AndyMac »

Lilith wrote:Lol - I know who he is -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9-mjj5OQwY

Six dinner Sid! :lol:
Lilith - very funny - typical cat :D
AndyMac
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by AndyMac »

AndyMac wrote:
fjm wrote:My cats have friends like you. They quickly get to know who likes cats, who likes cats enough to have a bag of treats available, and who really, really likes cats and will provide a lap for an hour or two when required. I have kind neighbours who feed them and watch over them if I have to be away for a night or two, and who are now used to having a vociferous cat on their kitchen window sill if they are a tad late with breakfast in the morning. It sounds as if Paul also likes to have places to visit during the day
Yes I totally agree fjm - I got home from work today and was having a vape in the kitchen and had the back door open and Paul paid me another visit - just walked into the kitchen and straight to the food bowl which had a few biscuits in from last night which I forgot to put away - obviously not enough as he cried for more food which I relented and gave him. I was in the living room and he walked into the hall give a wee cry and went upstairs and heard him playing with the toys - he left after 10mins and have not seen him since - looks like I am a foster daddy now :D

I have an idea who its owner is - I am unsure if I should introduce myself to her or just accept the situation that he will visit now-and-then. As I mentioned previously my neighbours cat Hudson would spend the night with me and next morning after he was fed he was out - typical man - I just felt so used and dont think I could go through that again :lol: :lol: :lol: