old cats

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
scotty
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

old cats

Post by scotty »

can anything be done ,,I know 4 old cats that are not allowed in
there owners house all year round ,, in the bad weather ,,, ,,, ,one of there cats was in a right state all fur notted that bad
it had sores all down its back , , they took ages to get it seen too,,,, it ended up costing 400 I don't know what was the matter with it,,,, one cat was found dead , , don't know what it died of ,,,, they had six all to gether , ,now they have a dog ,, looks like a
lurcher ,, its not the only dog they have had ,,
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: old cats

Post by Ruth B »

Unfortunately the RSPCA is the only organisation who can really do anything regarding neglect, and as you may have seen from other posts, a lot of us don't have a lot of time for the RSPCA, however there are good branches out there so that should be your first call see if they can talk to the owners.

Alternatively charities like Cats Protection might be able to talk to the owners and if they are willing to hand them over could take them into care but as with many rescue centers they are over run with unwanted pets needing new homes

About the only other option is to report them as strays and have them scanned for chips, if the owners haven't had them microchipped then a reasonable attempt should be made to find out who owns them, after all the people you think own them might not actually do so, or they might deny it if they don't want them back, which again could mean they could go for rehoming.

If they are chipped or their owners do want to keep them then the RSPCA is really the only hope.
scotty
New Cat Chatter

Post by scotty »

hi yes the people do own them I know the people ,,pity there isn't a law that says you shouldn't keep cats outside all year round
scotty
New Cat Chatter

Post by scotty »

Hyperthyroidism thyroid ,, thats what one of the cats have had that's what 400 vet fee was ,,