Gandhi update: BIG THANKYOU

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
issiandarchie+68
VIP Cat Chatter!

Gandhi update: BIG THANKYOU

Post by issiandarchie+68 »

Hi Guys, just thought I would post positive feedback after all your help and advice re: my beloved Gandhi. It never hurts to say thankyou does it? My boy continues to thrive. Had a couple of painful episodes over last few weeks but been quick to recover. I scaled down his dose of Valerian, ginger etc. because he is much more settled at night. He does though nightly burrow in his litter for no other reason than he can, heavily paddles my pillow,gently bites my cheek just as I am falling asleep, all bearable. He still takes thyroid medication daily, and a small dose of lactulose, continues to enjoy 'Sainsbury Delicious' with the occasional Felix or Tesco pouch. Mind you, he is not averse to filching a tea biscuit, a bit of pastry, torturing a poor defenceless Yorkshire pudding before ripping it to shreds and devouring. I never forget he is an old man with early onset kidney disease, which oddly, seems to have stabilised, thyroid problems and megacolon. But watching him chase his stick of liquorice around the house, his tail held high, eyes bright, you would never realise he was ill. Each day a bonus, if he is happy, we are happy. Now for the soppy bit. I can't adequately express my gratitude for your kindness over the last couple of years. I was totally devastated at the loss of wee Armand and Cody, in despair with Gandhi, coming on top of the family's grief at the loss of a child, a grandchild. I'm fortunate in that I have never had the negative 'it's just a cat' or people crossing the road to avoid me, quite the opposite, but you allowed me to put on a brave face, pour my heart out in private when I was left with a gaping child and cat hole in my heart. Anyhoo, that's enough of that, dry your eyes, go get on with wrapping my Christmas presents,making me a cake, plenty of fondant icing mind, not too much marzipan and a wee tipple of brandy, thankyou. ;)
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Gandhi update: BIG THANKYOU

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Issie .. great news on Gandhi. As for your comments regarding the support given on your losses I totally agree. I think this forum has very like minded people albeit we cover the globe. I’ll always remember the kind words you posted to me on Mayday’s passing & the reaction of my bf’s husband. TG we’ve put that episode past us but I admit I am very aware of the saying “Familiarity can build contempt”. Give the ol Gandhi lots of fusses from Vivian & the Famous Five from Oz.
Last edited by Mayday21 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Janey »

What a lovely update, so pleased for you all :)
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

That is good news, I'm so pleased things are more settled for you. This forum is great for non-judgmental advice and support. We can all air our fears here and know someone will point us in the right direction. Do keep us posted. Fusses to Ghandi.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Just catching up on posts as I have not been around much lately. Pleased to hear that Gandhi is doing well. Please give him a big fuss from me and head bumps from Bob.
issiandarchie+68
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by issiandarchie+68 »

Thank you honey, dear Gandhi adores fusses and lluuurrves headbutts so all accepted with glee. He did give us a scare a couple of days back. Had a real nasty turn, but, I have to say, he has been in reasonable health for a good while now. We have installed a cat flap and he loves to pop in and out for short intervals throughout the day. It seems to have given him a new lease of life. His Royal Highness sleeps better, as do we, on our expensive new bed and pillows, but the wee devil still wakes me in the early hours by trying to smother me, chewing my cheekbone and biting my eye to get attention. However, I'm not complaining, every healthy day is a good day for all, a vast improvement. He visits my lovely Vet this coming Wednesday for his usual thyroid, kidney,medication etc check, fusses from the nurses who think he is a big fluff ball of adorability and.. oh thank you Lord.. his bear like claws cut. He pats me on the face and I feel I have been lacerated. Hope you, your family, and dear Bob well and happy.

Issi