Lymph Nodes

Exchange FIV advice and information here.
Catkins1234
Returning Cat Chatter

Lymph Nodes

Post by Catkins1234 »

Hi

Does anyone else's FIV cat have permanently enlarged lymph nodes? My boys are like eggs and every one throughout the body is enlarged :(
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Lymph Nodes

Post by booktigger »

I don't think that is normal, what does the vet think?
Catkins1234
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Catkins1234 »

Possible lymphoma but the other results in the blood would say otherwise. He was due in earlier this week but as he really bucked up and was having a good play and quite lively (first time in 3 months) we agreed to rearrange and let him have some happy time rather than take him and stress him out and knocking him back down again. So heading over early next week. Really don't want to know the results to be honest and clutching at straws hoping this is just normal :(
Mikihiro
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Mikihiro »

Hi my cat is the same! It’s been a year she has been suffering from recurrent stomatitis and gingivitis and this Monday when I was petting her I found her enlarged lymph nodes on both side of her neck :| I haven’t done any blood test yet. My vet gave her anti-inflammatory injections for three days but the swelling still hasn’t go down. Now she just received her first round of antibiotic injection but she’s unable to eat. She hasn’t eat for 23 hours until now. I’m really worry too. How’s your cat?
Arut84
New Cat Chatter

Post by Arut84 »

My sweet boy had his lymph nodes enlarged and stopped eating and was found to have abdominal masses. Basically lymphoma! I was crushed. 9 days later (last Wednesday) i put my 6 yr old boy, Red down! Love of my life!!!!