Beef cat food.

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
cyberkath
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Beef cat food.

Post by cyberkath »

My cat Tom, enjoys Felix wet cat food, however he will not eat any with beef. I have spoken to others who have cats (about 6 people) who say that their cats don't like beef in any other cat foods besides Felix. Is this a common thing with cats not liking beef?
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Beef cat food.

Post by booktigger »

Yep! Sometimes wonder why they put it in so many multipacks!
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

My Tilly loves food with beef, but its quite hard to find round these parts.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

Mine will eat the beef but that is partly due to Saturn being a stomach on legs.

When my Mum was alive and living at home, I used to end up taking carrier bags of tins of Gourmet Gold Beef Pate to my local charity. Where Mum lived it was cheaper to buy the multipack of tins and the give the beef away than to buy the flavours separately. They were never refused so I would hope that someone ate them.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

My two are fed (where wet food's concerned) chiefly on AGAIL senior and I've noticed they can be a bit picky about the beef - but not every time.

Molly loves a strip of raw beef though and it's a pity I hardly ever cook beef as there's nothing better for her teeth. Which has given me a brainwave. If I buy some lean stewing beef, cut it into strips and freeze them individually wrapped, I could give her one a couple of times a week - treat and 'toothbrush' combined. Mousey, about ten years older, is more conservative, but I could always try her too with it, or chop or mince it if she'd prefer that.

If they get tired of the idea I can always turn the rest into shepherd's pie for me :)
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

The tins of Animonda Carne contain beef in a grain free solid food, which at around a pound for 400gms is much better value than Felix - my 2 outside cats share a tin every day
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Lilith wrote:My two are fed (where wet food's concerned) chiefly on AGAIL senior and I've noticed they can be a bit picky about the beef - but not every time.

Molly loves a strip of raw beef though and it's a pity I hardly ever cook beef as there's nothing better for her teeth. Which has given me a brainwave. If I buy some lean stewing beef, cut it into strips and freeze them individually wrapped, I could give her one a couple of times a week - treat and 'toothbrush' combined. Mousey, about ten years older, is more conservative, but I could always try her too with it, or chop or mince it if she'd prefer that.

If they get tired of the idea I can always turn the rest into shepherd's pie for me :)
Ginger loved raw meat even when he had no teeth, I used to chop it and freeze it in individual portions for him, worked well. Molly had a couple of pieces of chicken a day, pulled it out every morning so it was ready for supper
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

All my lot will eat beef, not sure how much they like it, but one of my ferals especially absolutely loves beef, that includes beef flavoured cat food, and bits of beef steak I give them as a treat.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Mine are OK with the beef, it's the salmon they won't eat. Funny thing is on the odd occasion I take out a second mortgage and get some wild sockeye salmon, I get mugged by the lot of them! They sit around us, drooling, while we are eating! Reading how bad farmed salmon has become, I wonder if the cats know something we don't? :shock:

The other day I defrosted the freezer and found a small piece of beefsteak lurking in the back. Though I'd cook it for the cats and if they didn't want it, OH has started feeding the Jackdaws that hang around June's (the donkey) field and they will eat anything. OH still misses our pet Jackdaw. :cry: Anyhoo, instead of cutting it up and dividing it among the cats, so they could look at me with the 'what the heck do you call this' look, I chopped it up small and left it on the plate on the countertop overnight. Next morning the plate was licked clean.

Has anyone tried the Felix concoctions? We did - a resounding BLERCH from all concerned.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Yes, took a while to get through the concoctions! They don't mind the flavoured jelly though, Lucy has some that are things like chicken in a shittake mushroom cream sauce! :shock: