I miss her so much it hurts

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Miss megz
New Cat Chatter

I miss her so much it hurts

Post by Miss megz »

Hello
I’m new to hear.
I’m so lost right now. On Monday 17th December I had to say goodbye to my beautiful megz. She had been my soul companion and my everything for 16 years. Her birthday had been the week before 12th December. About 4 years ago we where told her kidneys where failing. We did and gave her everything she needed to make her better. In the last week or so her health seemed to deteriorate quickly and she went off her food, although it did seem like she wanted to try and eat but couldn’t. She had blood in her wee and my fella took her to see our vet and he gave her some pain relief and told us to come back in 2 weeks. 1week passed and she seemed to be getting worse. Her back legs had gone and seemed to really hurt her. She couldn’t pur and her meow diddnt sound like her meow any more. I made the decision to take her to see the vet again to get some more medicine. That was the plan anyways. I got there and we agreed to try and get some bloods and pain relief and a tablet that might make her want something to eat. They took her out the back and shortly came back through and said we are sorry she really is unwell. That’s when I had to make one of the hardest desision to say goodbye to my beautiful friend. I held her in my arms and cried into her fur. I told her I loved her so much. The world. I sang her a couple of songs and she passed away in my arms. I stayed with her afterfor a little while longer and then I finally had to leave her. I went home In The car crying all the way. Heartbroken. My fella by that point had already got home to meet me but the fact she was not there to meet me still hurts so bad now. Megz was a house cat and she had many spots around our home. Our home is now empty and I have an aching heart. I decided that megz would have hated to have been put in the garden. There house is where she belongs. On Friday 21st December the winter solstice day she will be collected and will fly on the magic wind. Only magic cats fly on magic wind. I’m a very spiritual person and somehow even though I’m hurting the fact she’s going on such a day brings me a little comfort. I won’t get her ashes back until a week that Friday and feel sad I won’t have her with me for Christmas. I miss her so badly and I can’t take more time off from work. I’m struggling to deal with people who don’t seem to know how exactly I feel with comments of 16years, that’s old she had a good life. That’s my best friend they are talking about and she was kinder to me than any human. I’m lost without her and I miss everything we did together. I know I need to try and remember all the lovely things we did and have but for now the pain is real and I don’t have a lot of time to heal. Please keep your eyes out for my special megz flying on the big smoke 21st December winter solstice day. She will be the brightest star in the sky meowing on the wind. Peace and love always for my beautiful princess cat 💕
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: I miss her so much it hurts

Post by Lilith »

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear about megz. My Emily, too, back in August, also kidneys and at 17. It takes a long time to get used to but I'm certain Emmy's still with us; the youngest cat watches someone who's not there. In the flesh I mean.

I'm so sorry you and megz have had to go through this too. Yes, the Solstice is a very powerful day though, when megz gets her wings and comes home.

You two will meet again (merry meet and merry part and merry meet again) one day though. Love and hugs, Lil x
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by fjm »

I am so sorry. The love you shared will last forever, but it takes time for the pain to ease and let the good memories shine through, even while we still miss them. I hope the solstice wind brings you a whisper of comfort from Megz and that one day, when the time is right, she sends you another small feline companion to solace your heart and benefit from all she taught you.
Miss megz
New Cat Chatter

Post by Miss megz »

Thankyou lil for your kind reply.
I’m sorry to hear your Emily had to leave too. Its the cruelest thing in the world to have to deal with. Most people in my adult life have ever only known me to be almost as one with my megz. Wherever I have been megz has too. Iv been through so much in my life with her by my side and with her leaving it’s brought up so many emotions that I feel it’s not the only thing I’m having to work through. The pain and hurt is bad. I know it’s only been a couple of days and I’m trying to be hopeful that things will feel better soon. The morning is struggle to not see her face and meowing for her breakfast sometimes second breakfast!!! She slept on the bed with me. She was never far from me in the house. I had to leave work yesterday and went home. I just sat in the quiet of the house listening. I’m sure she was there. I could hear her paws on the wooden floor. Iv still got all her things and even put her favourite toy on the Christmas tree. Christmas Day will be a difficult one for me as megz LOVEZ Christmas and she won’t be with us. It’s just so overwhelming with emotion and loneliness that she’s gone. Xx
Miss megz
New Cat Chatter

Post by Miss megz »

fjm wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:14 pm I am so sorry. The love you shared will last forever, but it takes time for the pain to ease and let the good memories shine through, even while we still miss them. I hope the solstice wind brings you a whisper of comfort from Megz and that one day, when the time is right, she sends you another small feline companion to solace your heart and benefit from all she taught you.
Thankyou. I shall be listening and looking for her everywhere on Friday. I know she will let me know. I loved her the world. And some more. She was the best furry purrer anyone has ever met. I hope that the solstice day brings me some comfort too that she’s safe and happy purring and meowing.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi pls accept my sincere sympathies on Megz’s passing. We all empathise with you. Rest assured you’ll receive all the support when & if needed here as you work your way through your grief & loss. I discovered this site 3yrs ago on losing my Mayday, my avatar. How I found this forum I’ve no idea I remember searching for bereavent support on losing fur babes & this one jumped out. Maybe it was Mayday saving me. I’ve formed some nice friendships with like minded people here. Take care of yourself & be kind to yourself too. You’ll be pleased when you have Megz’s ashes home. RIP little Megz’s & fly on the Solstice. Vivian
Jules20
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 0

Post by Jules20 »

So sorry for your loss Miss megz. Lost my cat 5 weeks ago so totally get how you feel and understand about the empty home and aching heart. I have found that even kind people don't really seem to get it and make you feel worse so now I just stick to talking about it with people that do understand. It doesn't matter what age our babies were (mine was 20) or how it happened the loss is still the loss and it is immense. It has brought up other things for me as well which is very hard to deal with. Try and take things day by day and allow yourself the time to heal.

Julia x
Bertie 2017
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Bertie 2017 »

Hi miss meg ,first of all ,I am so sorry for your loss ,and yes I know what you mean by people
Who ,doesn’t understand ,over this last year ,I have had some very painful and hurtful
Comments ,over my cat Bertie ,but all I can say ,is that you have people here who knows
And understands ,how you are feeling ,good caring friends ,who won’t judge you ,but will
Support you ,and yes I strongly believe ,in the sprit world ,and after life ,also and I know ,
Even though ,you don’t have her ,ashes yet ,your cat meg ,sorry if I have got her name
Wrong ,will be .there for Christmas ,,watching over you ,,I often feel my Bertie’s sprit
Is here I feel him ,and even basil his litter brother ,will often stare ,at something
Invisible ,before running towards it ,like at play ,,and yes they are many signs ,every day ,
Losing a beloved cat is hard ,they are ,not just pets they are family ,and become a huge
Part of our lives ,and our souls ,and even for me our whole world ,so yes ,I understand
How you are feeling ,they is lots of support online ,and from the blue cross ,pet breavment support line ,they number is 0800 096 6606 . Lines are open 8-30 am every day including
Xmas day ,I have spoken to these wonderful people ,every day for the last year ,and I couldn’t have gotten through my grief without them ,and you can email them to x
Miss megz
New Cat Chatter

Post by Miss megz »

BE43B4D1-979B-4FEC-BA9B-4DF186774DD3.jpeg
My beautiful megz
Today she will fly on the magic wind of the winter solstice.
🌈 xxx
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by fjm »

Such a beautiful girl. Fly free and high, Megz, riding the magic wind.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Aww she is a sweetheart. Best Solstice wishes to you both and to all on here x