The Owl and the Pussycat

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

The Owl and the Pussycat

Post by Lilith »

Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: The Owl and the Pussycat

Post by Ruth B »

Wow,

but while it can happen I hope people don't try and make it happen, that would likely just end up in heartbreak.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Yessss .... I remember the great 'Kes' craze of the 70s ...

As a kid and teenager I lived near a wonderful pair of women, Mrs Sunderland and Miss Snowden, who shared a smallholding bordered by a lake. Mrs Sunderland (nee Holtby - yes, cousin to Winifred who wrote 'South Riding') rescued everything. Pigs, cats, hedgehogs, you name it ... and birds of prey. All the owls were called Ollie and all the kestrels were called ... errm ... Willie, which caused a lot of sniggers among us kids, but Mrs S had been born around 1900 and didn't give a damn. They really were two great people and more family to me than my biological 'family'.

Trouble was, this was Yorkshire, everyone had seen the film, and every time a rescued kestrel arrived, word got round and the poor bird was stolen. I hope those hawks bit the thieving beggars and managed to escape ... :x
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

What a lovely story.