Poop Panic

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
aclodava
New Cat Chatter

Poop Panic

Post by aclodava »

I really need some advice. I have two cats, one has litterbox issues. He's my cat and I love him to death, but I'm at my wit's end. Hermes is a 14-lb silver domestic longhair, neutered, and generally friendly and lovable. Except when he needs to poop. He panics every time, gets low to the floor, and races around the house, sometimes stopping to poop, sometimes just dropping it as he runs. However, the poop isn't the problem. I've accepted that he won't poop in the litterbox and just pick it up. The problem is that sometimes when he panics, he has a full bladder, and will pee on my bed. We have three litter boxes, I clean them all twice a week. We had five at one point, with different kinds of litter. They would only use the clay. I've put paper all over the house, I've had him to the vet many times, we've even had him on anti-anxiety meds. Nothing has worked. I just came home from dinner with friends to Hermes in a full poop panic, some poop on the floor, found him dropping more on the rug at the bottom of the basement stairs, and big puddle of pee in the middle of my bed. Please help! I don't know what to do anymore.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Poop Panic

Post by Janey »

Hi and welcome, something must have caused this, either from his past or something that’s happened that’s giving him this anxiety for some reason. I wonder if he’s been scared at some time when using his tray? How long have you had him and how long has it been going on? Meanwhile this link may be of help to you:

https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-t ... ay-indoors

Hopefully some other users will be able to offer their advice as well, and I hope you manage to sort it.