Me pals in trouble!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Me pals in trouble!

Post by Judy Barnett »

I've never noticed cats being particularly altruistic. They've always seemed a little me me me, unless its someone close to home such as a litter mate or their own young. Imagine my surprise when I got home tonight to find Georgie sitting at the top of the drive yowling her head of. At first I thought it was her in pain or in trouble. I went to her and picked her up, something she always lets me do as she loves a cuddle at any time. She jumped out of my arms and ran into the back garden continuing to howl and yell, she just wouldn't come to me. I was really upset. It was only then that I saw her pal Toby from up the street, all wrapped up in the rope that covers our Bar-b-q grill. Somehow he'd got his tail all caught up in it and had pulled the grill over still attached to him. It didn't take long to free him and he shot off back home. Georgia then calmly strolled past me through the patio door as if nothing had happened and tucked into her tea. Was this real concern for her friend or am a reading too much into it? :o
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Me pals in trouble!

Post by Lilith »

Oh poor chap, and what a good thing Georgia noticed.

Over the years I've seen cats pick up on distress or emergency, and had other people tell me the same. My Emily, if I was upset, wouldn't leave me alone, wrapping round my legs, crying ... my little mewsance. Molly scarcely ever gives my hand a headbutt - I have to be really honoured, but on the day Emmy died, she gave me a lovely affectionate smooch ...

There IS a short story by Damon Runyon about a cat called Lillian who raised the alarm and went into a burning building where a child was trapped ... but the real truth, according to Runyon, was that Lillian liked a nip of whisky and was more concerned about the booze ... :lol:

Joking apart, I think cats are pretty intuitive :)
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Well done Georgie. I think they’re very intuitive. For the past 2 weeks Snow has been a bit “motherly” to me. Seems as though she knows I’m feeling down & is trying to reassure me. Usually it’s TC who picks up on my moods perhaps he doesn’t understand while Snow being older perhaps does. Then Bentley has been a bit spooky with me. Hope Toby’s recovered from his ordeal. Vivian. Oops ‘sooky’
Last edited by Mayday21 on Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

Lovely story, thanks for posting.
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Judy Barnett »

I was a bit worried about Toby as I hadn't seen him for a couple of days after his adventure but he came into the garden today for his Dreamies and doesn't seem too fazed. Georgia was of course zedding on the bed zzzzzzzzz! :)