GPS or RF Tracking

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
SuttonRider
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

GPS or RF Tracking

Post by SuttonRider »

My cat went missing yesterday, normally he's only out for 2 to 3 hours at a time, but yesterday he was gone for 16 hours he got home at 4am covered in dirty engine oil. Anyway it got me thinking what about a tracker. I've spent hours on the net this morning trying to sort one out, just when I thought I've got it I find an issue that puts it out of the running. Does anyone here use either type of device? and would anyone like to recommend one?
Pukon
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: GPS or RF Tracking

Post by Pukon »

Tractive ones are fine. The first one I got was Pawtrack and it was a disaster.
They claim the "best" and smallest GPS tracker. My cat is quite small, so I wanted to avoid a big chunky collar.
It took a month for the collar to arrive. Then it would not connect with the app. After many emails back and forth, it finally connected but was wildly inaccurate and usually failed to track completely. After more emails I was told that it's working fine!
I have spent over £100 on the collar and subscription and now, after returning the collar for a refund...silence. They won't reply to the three email addresses I have for them and the phone number listed is out of service.
Please, please don't take a chance on these guys. Terrible product and customer service. I am over £100 out of pocket and it's now clear they have no intention of returning my money.