Alternatives to cat cones?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
tigermummy
Frequent Cat Chatter

Alternatives to cat cones?

Post by tigermummy »

My cat is currently wearing a cone after surgery and is super depressed. Before the dressing came off and he was cone free he was really happy, so I know it’s the cone. I worry because last time he wore a cone he ended up going crazy and eating a piece of string and almost died. Has anyone tried these body suits as an alternative to cones? Do they really stay on? Last night in a panic I ordered one of these from Amazon, but don’t know if I’ll actually use it:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JH7T5W4/ ... 287003c8a7
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Alternatives to cat cones?

Post by fjm »

I haven't used one on a cat, but when Poppy my toy poodle was recently spayed I adapted a couple of baby onesies from Asda - 3 for £3, and after couple of snips and a few stitches to fit around tail and bits they were perfect!
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

You know your cat, does he have to wear a cone? None of mine has ever kept one on more than a couple of hours and we've never had a problem.
tigermummy
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by tigermummy »

Actually he seems to be getting used to the cone now, might just leave it!
Blue Wind
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Blue Wind »

We used an inflated doughnut, it was much more comfortable for our cat., she could curl up with it.