Sophy the cat SAR papillon!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Sophy the cat SAR papillon!

Post by fjm »

Tilly-cat cat was out all yesterday evening, and there was no sign of her at breakfast time this morning. She does tend to be out hunting late and early, but it is unusual for her to miss meals, so I asked Sophy to find her for me - and after a longish meander around the acre of shared land behind our houses she tracked her down to my neighbour's garage. Fortunately it connects with mine, so I was able to let her out without waking the neighbours - she was extremely loving to both me and the dogs, wailing about her terrible night and that she needed chicken to make up for it! Won't stop her doing it again next time a garage door is left open, of course... I live in a converted workhouse with a block of 12 garages plus several others attached to the new builds on the estate, so she has plenty of choice and Sophy's ears and nose are frequently called into service to track her down!
GillZB21
Experienced Cat Chatter

Re: Sophy the cat SAR papillon!

Post by GillZB21 »

They never stop being curious do they?! No matter how many times they are told not to - in fact that just adds to the fun! I think it's Sophy who should get chicken too for being such a good tracker !
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Sophy the cat SAR papillon!

Post by fjm »

Curiously enough, Sophy usually expects to be paid in treats for everything, but not for tracking - I think she enjoys being very, very good at something humans can't do!