Rehoming a cat with allergies

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
Sarahgibson2
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Rehoming a cat with allergies

Post by Sarahgibson2 »

Hi there, I have a 3 year old male white cat who has developed an allergic reaction to something.
The vet has placed him on steroids which aren’t helping. He’s up to date with his injections, he’s been neutered, up to date with fleas and worm treatment.
I have no money to get him to the vet any longer after ab accident has left me disabled and unable to work. The benefits people won’t give me anything other than dla but this leaves me with just £1.15 per month free if I don’t have unexpected bills.
I’ve contacted all the rehoming centres in my local area and no one will help so this is my last resort - I need to rehome him somewhere who can look after his needs better than myself. It will break my heart but at the moment I’m close to breaking down anyway as I just don’t know what to do.
Please can someone help?
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Rehoming a cat with allergies

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page might help, which also includes advice on ways to avoid having to rehome: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/rehome-pet-cat

There my be some rescues listed you’ve not tried.

You could also contact Cat Chat’s Help Desk who may be able to advise further: cat.advice (at) catchat.org
The Craft-E-Kittens
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Rehoming a cat with allergies

Post by The Craft-E-Kittens »

Where abouts are you located?
Does the cat have any other medical conditions?
Hopefully you are able to sort out a home before things get tougher for you 😑