Kitty's cat burglar!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
GillZB21
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Kitty's cat burglar!

Post by GillZB21 »

Kitty wouldn't settle last night - wanted to play - she's improving rapidly since the onesie has been removed ! So we're just letting her wander round - we'd normally keep lounge door closed as she's a little terror for scratching new sofa and carpet but under the circumstances we're letting her go where she likes.
At about 2.30am we heard a huge bang - woke us both up suddenly - there's nothing apart from the big telly to knock over in the lounge so we knew it wasn't that - so Kev said he would go down and investigate- if I went with him!! Haha - on the way down the stairs we heard another bang - sounded like it was at the window - when we got to lounge kitty sat on windowsill - nothing in the room amiss so Kev peeped through the blinds and saw a huge furry ginger cat staring back at him! The daft thing had jumped at the window twice trying to get at Kitty ! Lord knows what she'd been doing to get it so narked! So we went back to bed and spent the rest of the night listening to kitty run up and down the stairs just because she could and trying to sleep with her walking on our heads, knocking water bottles off bedside tables, getting under the quilt after feet and generally making a nuisance of herself and finally falling asleep in a gap between the pillows at 6am - half an hour before Kev had to get up for work!!
It's great that she's feeling better and continuing to improve though we're keeping a close eye on her stitches as she's tearing around like her normal self and impossible to stop her!
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Kitty's cat burglar!

Post by Ruth B »

It definitely sounds like she is feeling a lot better, and after how she was I'm sure you feel you will forgive her anything, i know I would.

I decided from the word go that my cats were not coming in the bedroom at night, they could have access during the day, but 2 humans and 2 cats are too many on a double bed, so the bed room door gets shut at suppertime. This does mean that we often hear the odd crash and bank during the night, but it has to be really loud to make us investigate, and we normally just have a hunt round in the morning to find out what the latest toy was.

I think a poltergeist would give up in our house, and possibly most houses where a cat lives, something moves, the cat did it, strange banging sounds, what that cat up to. We went to see Cats at the local theatre on Saturday, and in our house it is as it is with Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer, 'now which was which cat, and most of the time they leave it at that'.
GillZB21
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by GillZB21 »

Lol - we tried keeping Kitty out of the bedroom but it made both her and us unhappy - so she usually sleeps with us for a while then goes to her own room - but with her not being well recently we wanted her close.
She's definitely on the mend - she's into everything again and being naughty scratching things she shouldn't - can't wait to let her outside as she's going stir crazy in the house. She's slept all day - but so have I! So tonight will be chaos again no doubt 🙀
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Lol - beware - what ginger tom may be saying is: 'Room for one more? Where's the night porter?'

Believe me I know these guys. And word gets round ...

So glad to hear the girl's so much better :D
GillZB21
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by GillZB21 »

We know where the crazy ginger ninja lives - just across the road and has a good home - and there's no way Kitty would share us with another cat I doubt!
It's hard keeping her in when she's making such amazing progress - the scar is healing so well and she's back to normal - running about and trying to get into places she shouldn't and causing trouble - but we won't let her outside until we get the ok from vet tomorrow at 5.30pm - fingers crossed all will be well and she can go play outside😻
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Oh good - glad he's just bluffing - I collected needy gingers for a while or did they collect me, only one left now but she's my ginger whinger ninja lol!

All power to Kitty and hope she gets a clean bill of health, sweet girl :)