Hills y/d dried food

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
fionaocl
New Cat Chatter

Hills y/d dried food

Post by fionaocl »

Would anyone like 4.5 kilos of hills prescription y/d for the price of the postage. It is only to be used if recommended by a vet.

Bag opened but properly kept. I fed my 21 year old cat it and the wet food and we had a whole extra year with her because of this diet.

It's quite expensive do I don't want it to go to waste.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Hills y/d dried food

Post by Mollycat »

Great idea, I have had lots of prescription foods left over with cats' changing needs and usually end up donating to a local independent cat rescue. We recently had cause to use y/d and it really did its job - only while waiting for radioiodine treatment though.

Sorry for your loss, lovely to have had that extra time though. Hope someone gets to benefit from your kindness.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Hi and welcome and yes, good idea. My vet collects donations for the Blue Cross so any foods, script or otherwise, my cats end up disliking, go to a good cause. If you don't get any takers on here, local vets/charities might be an alternative.

And sorry to hear of your loss x
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

good idea - vets might well know of a cat diagnosed with HT whose owner is struggling to afford medications and special foood