Gel caps

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Catfan5
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Gel caps

Post by Catfan5 »

Hi, can anyone tell me what size I should order for my cat? He’s having to start taking Clopidogrel which I’m told is nasty tasting, bitter and the vet advised crushing the pills into gel caps. Looking at Amazon I’ve no idea what size though. Has anyone used these? Thanks in advance.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Gel caps

Post by Mollycat »

Not used so don't know but have you considered Pill Pockets? It's a delicious putty paste, you put the pill in and mould it around. You can crush the pill so the cat can't lick off the putty and spit out the pill.
Catfan5
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Catfan5 »

Thanks Mollycat. I haven’t tried those but have tried pill putty which is used in the same way but he wouldn’t touch it. He’s off all treats, even lickelix as he thinks a pill will be hiding inside, crushed or whole!
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

Oh yes they know. The dog is so stupid he will watch us put his wormer in a sausage and eat it. My feral cat ate some pill pocket and loved it, then saw me put a pill in it for the other cat and now won't touch it!! She's way too clever that one.