The wacky things we do for our cats...

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
KittyKiernan
Frequent Cat Chatter

The wacky things we do for our cats

Post by KittyKiernan »

Hello everyone,

Those of you familiar with the old forum will remember that I'm fostering the completely adorable Ted. I was just musing on the slightly bonkers things I do to make him happy :). For example...

- I sleep with a freezing cold back every night, so he and my boyfriend can share the duvet
- I sit stock-still for ages, desperate for the loo, because he looks so happy asleep on my lap
- I type important emails with one finger because I don't want to move Ted off his 'warm spot' on half the keys...

Please tell me it isn't just me?!
claire_lee
Experienced Cat Chatter

Re: The wacky things we do for our cats...

Post by claire_lee »

If its any consolation I often wake up with a cricked neck where Wolfie has taken over my pillow.....at least he's stopped doing his own version of Indian head massage with his paws.....
KittyKiernan
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by KittyKiernan »

Ha -yes, Ted likes to pretend he's a Russian hat sometimes! Wraps right round the top of my head... I worry that I'm going to turn over and hurt him, but it's usually the other way round (yesterday he got up, stretched and stuck a paw right in my eye :))
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Walesgang »

Feeding time at the zoo has to be ours!

Where do I start!?

Henry and Grey are greedy and we have to watch their weights.

Tips is a picky eater

Squeak likes to get your attention while she eats.

So..........

Tips is fed on the landing. Anything she doesn't eat goes into the shower cubicle to graze on over the next hour, access controlled by us.

Squeak eats a whole meal, but takes about four efforts of us shuffling the food around the bowl to make her think it's a new meal

Grey has his in the garage and he has to stay out there until we can be sure the girls ' fo dis out of his way

Henry in the kitchen but is less of a problem than Grey!

In addition, Tips has cat milk which is warmed in the microwave for 20 secs before,she has it.

It's no wonder we don't go away often!
Sarcazm
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Sarcazm »

My boy is still a little nervy, and really doesn't like being walked past, so everyone in my family regularly finds they have to duck into rooms to let him pass undisturbed. Its truly ridiculous.
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by greenkitty »

If Tig doesn't like the particular brand of cat food on offer he'll turn his nose up at his bowl in the kitchen and go and sit on the coffee table, if I then put his food on the coffee table he'll eat it!

If I get anything out of the fridge that's wrapped in Clingfilm Hector and Pip come running and Hector will make a nuisance of himself on the worktop, so every time I need to do this I shut the kitchen door.

If I have peas for dinner Hector will not leave my side and if I don't keep an eye on him a black paw will slide its way to my plate to try and scoop some off, I do a few extra for him now but he's only allowed them when I've finished eating and if he hasn't hassled me.
Carol B
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Carol B »

Because my boys are getting on in years and I am worried about their joints, mainly William as he is rather rotund(!) and even though there is nothing to indicate a problem, just me being over protective, I have put a foot stool beside my bed to make it easier for them to get up and down from the bed. And if he does not feel like jumping up on the sofa he gives me one of his pitiful looks and gets lifted onto it. How I wish I had such a servant :D
KittyKiernan
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by KittyKiernan »

Ah, thanks all! I had a great laugh reading through your replies - and it's good to feel I'm not alone...

Sarcazm - I now have a vision of all your family members dodging into rooms and hiding as the 'Master of the Realm' goes on procession - brilliant!
catsue
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by catsue »

I know what you mean Sarcazm. Jasper is an ex-feral and although he is surprisingly affectionate he will only let me fuss him when he comes and sits on my knee. He will potter round the house when I'm sitting down but if I get up he flies back upstairs to his safe haven under my bed. More than once I've had to fling myself back down on the settee (nearly squashed Pebbles once when I didn't notice her) or just stand like a statue to try and stop him shooting back upstairs. :lol: