3 cats with injured infected legs! Help!

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Cat disaster
New Cat Chatter

3 cats with injured infected legs! Help!

Post by Cat disaster »

We have 3 cats that have developed abscesses in their back legs all in the same spot. In under a week. All are indoor only. All the abscess have ruptured now.
And now one cat cant move her back left leg. Its stuck in a position like shes laying down. Any ideas on what might be causing this???
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: 3 cats with injured infected legs! Help!

Post by fjm »

What does your vet say? I think this sounds too serious to rely on internet advice!
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

I have to agree, they need to see a vet, abscesses are nasty things and need to be properly treated to make sure they fully clear up and heal. The vet might also be able to give some idea of what caused it, all three developing them in a week does sound serious. Have a good think and see if anything has changed, new cleaning products etc that they might all have come in contact with that has caused a reaction which has gone on to form an abscess.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Hi, yes, I agree, vet, definitely.

Is there a bully cat in the neighbourhood who's chasing and attacking other cats? Those injuries sound as if all three have been running from an aggressor.

Good luck with them and please let us know how they go on.