Little stray about to go into rescue.

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
Catfan5
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Little stray about to go into rescue.

Post by Catfan5 »

Hi, we’ve been looking after a little stray for two to three months. He used to raid/ split our bin bags open looking for food. No rescues could take him as they were all full up so we set him up in the conservatory, got him scanned, neutered and checked for felv and fiv- luckily negative. We can’t bring him right in because our five 10- 12 year old cats harass him and two of them have serious health issues. Cats Protection called yesterday to say they can take him in at the weekend. Now I’m torn. They don’t home check for all cats which concerns me. They rely on proof of address ie utility bills, driving licence after an adoptee has filled an online adoption form etc. and spoken on the phone. We’ve got to know this little cat and would like to think a home inspection had taken place before homing him. They are closed today so couldn’t talk to them about it.
Any thoughts or experiences on this please?
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Little stray about to go into rescue.

Post by Mollycat »

The local rescue I got Molly from treated her as a home to home because she had not actually gone into their care which meant no adoption fee and it was up to the owner to decide if I was suitable for her cat or not. Just a thought. Have CP paid for any of this kitty's care? Have they done anything to justify taking an adoption fee? Or have you done and paid for everything?
Catfan5
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Catfan5 »

The neutering was done using a cp voucher supplied by the vet, I paid for the blood test and checkup. From what I remember cp don’t do home from home, they want the cats in the rescue. There is a another local rescue who still can’t take him yet, but they use fosterers which might be kinder than keeping him in a pen.
Catfan5
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Catfan5 »

I forgot to mention, he has been vaccinated too.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

Some CP branches do home to home, but what you describe is how the centres work rather than branches
Catfan5
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Catfan5 »

This is the one in Nottingham. I asked about home to home a few years back regarding a different cat but they said they didn’t do it.