Help cats voice changed

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Lyn-madeleine
New Cat Chatter

Help cats voice changed

Post by Lyn-madeleine »

HELP
MY CATS VOICE SUDDENLY CHANGED 10 DAYS AGO .
HE SEEMS VERY UNCOMFORTABLE.
IT SEEMS TO HAPPEN WHEN HES TRYING TO COMMUNICATE. CHARPING ,CRACKING

THE VET PDSA SAID THEY NERVER HEARD ANYTHING LIKE IT .

BLOOD TEST XRAY SHOW NOTHING , THEY DID A NASAL FLUSH RESULT SMALL AMOUNT OF BLOOD .
THEY DONT HAVE A SMALL ENOUGH CAMERA TO LOOK DOWN THROAT , LARYNX .

I DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO GO TO SPECALIST VET .

TRYING TO POST VIDEO FOOTAGE BUT WONT LET ME SAYS INVALID EXSTENTION
IVE ADDED A LINK TO UTUBE PLEASE PLEASE LISTEN AND GIVE ADVICE

https://youtu.be/t0lR50UyGr4
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Help cats voice changed

Post by lilynmitz »

Has the vet ruled out throat infections? It would probably be helpful to try a course of antibiotics as a first line of attack, but then your vet may already have tried this. I think all you can do is follow your vet's advice, but I hope someone else on here will have had experience of this and can add their thoughts.
Lyn-madeleine
New Cat Chatter

Post by Lyn-madeleine »

Thank you , after been back and forth to PDSA they said Romeo's eyes were roaming, which probably means he as a tumour and close to the end .I'm heartbroken

I took him for a second opinion whom said we cant know for sure unless do MIR ECT ECT .which I cant do .

But said it's worth trying antibiotics , which hes started yesterday along with pain killers.

Hes calmer I'm a basket case
Lyn-madeleine
New Cat Chatter

Post by Lyn-madeleine »

lilynmitz wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:30 pm Has the vet ruled out throat infections? It would probably be helpful to try a course of antibiotics as a first line of attack, but then your vet may already have tried this. I think all you can do is follow your vet's advice, but I hope someone else on here will have had experience of this and can add their thoughts.
I added an update , thank you
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

I’m sorry to hear that it may be bad news. I can understand why you’re so upset, but your puss won’t be feeling the same stress, they are much more fatalistic about life, so it’s good to hear that he’s calm. Sadly sometimes we can only do for them what our circumstances allow at the time, life is messy and complicated. Cats know this. I’m sure your vet will do what he can to keep him comfortable and give him a chance, let's hope the antibiotics help, and I’m sure he will be feeling the benefit of the pain relief, so you’re doing the best you can. Give your puss a gentle fuss from us.
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

I do hope the antibiotics make an improvement for poor Romeo. In the meantime you just need to keep him as comfortable as possible. It is an extraordinary sound and if it is a tumour there really won't be anything you can do - so don't feel guilty that you can't afford the MRi. If the painkillers help you will have some time to love and spoil him whilst you see if the antibiotics make a difference - if they do, that's wonderful. We are all rooting for Romeo and thinking of you. x
Tynaroo
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Tynaroo »

You're doing so much for him, he gonna be alright in any case, I believe. Even if you're not able to give him EVERYTHING, you're giving him all you can and a little more. Just don't give up on him till the very end, whenever it gonna be, and till then don't be afraid, take your time together. Just love him and care for him. I believe he appreciates it. Without you, he couldn't have even this.

I'm just a random person, yeah, but my heart is with you.