Weird growth on my cats chin

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
owenmj98
New Cat Chatter

Weird growth on my cats chin

Post by owenmj98 »

Hello there, I've just noticed a weird growth on my cats chin, I've been away for a 48 hours (cat has been with someone, not left alone), and this has seemed to appeared from nowhere, I've tried to wipe it away to see if it was some dirt or food that was stuck, but it wont really budge and seems to cause pain so I've left it. I plan on going to the vet later tonight when I can get someone to take me but until then I am searching online to see if I can get any ideas.

Any help will be appreciated.
20200113_134815.jpg
20200113_134819.jpg
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Weird growth on my cats chin

Post by fjm »

Does it look rather like dried blood? There are a number of threads on Black Stuff on Cat's Chin, if you search the forum. Tilly had it, and I think it was car eczema - it cleared up with a couple of applications of Hypercal ointment. But it is always wise to consult your vet if you are concerned - if it is very minor you have the relief of knowing that, and if it is more serious you have caught it at the earliest possible moment.