undiagnosed cat illness

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
MillieFaudemer
New Cat Chatter

undiagnosed cat illness

Post by MillieFaudemer »

my cat is just about to be put down and I think he cane be fixed he has had an infection in his stomach and has been throwing up for about a week now he's been on a drip and had various antibiotics he's also had X rays and other scans he just won't eat and has uncles in his throat and on his tongue but the tests came back non cancerous the vets have no idea what it is he also has asthma and I just think he could be helped
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: undiagnosed cat illness

Post by lilynmitz »

I’m sorry to hear this, it sounds such a distressing to time for both you and your cat, but I can only suggest you discuss this in more detail with your vet and review again what your options are. Sometimes it’s easier to make the choice if you really understand what the problem is, what is it’s cause, what the treatment would be and what would be the outcome both with and without treatment. Perhaps you can get a second opinion from a different vet into the practice? I hope you can find the right way forward for your cats sake, as well as yours