Cat breathing hardly HELP / Heart disease

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
leylataghiyeva
New Cat Chatter

Cat breathing hardly HELP / Heart disease

Post by leylataghiyeva »

Hi! PLEASE READ EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FOR MY BABY :(

My 3.5 year old Persian cat has laboured breathing and fast heart beating, she has a heart disease with fluid in her lungs, is on medication for 3-4 months, with breaks of course (she is okay after each 10-14 days of daily medication but then becomes lazy, sad, and fast and laboured breathing again). Her conditions correspond to cardiomyopathy.

As there is no cardiogram machine or expert for animals in my country (Azerbaijan), we cannot identify the exact diagnosis and what kind of heart disease it is, for better treatment. What do you suggest us to do? is there any other way to understand heart condition without cardiogram or echocardiogram tests? She breathes really difficultly and lays all the time with a sad face.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE IN ADVANCE, IT IS REALLY LIFE OF DEATH MATTER.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cat breathing hardly HELP / Heart disease

Post by Mollycat »

I'm sorry I don't have any help to offer but didn't want to just ignore you. Unfortunately heart disease including HCM can only be controlled with drugs, and as far as I know (please correct me if I'm wrong anyone) the treatment is more or less the same with any kind of heart thickening. There is only so much you can do and I believe (but I don't know for sure) that pinpointing exactly what is causing the problem won't be a huge help in finding a cure or different treatment. I believe the fluid build-up can be drained but is likely to build up again. I don't really know what we can do over the internet for your baby girl, and we are not vets to be able to suggest treatments. So sorry, I really feel your pain for such a young cat and understand your drive to do something to help.