our kitten all of a sudden today starting walking weird

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
anonbear
New Cat Chatter

our kitten all of a sudden today starting walking weird

Post by anonbear »

hi all,

we have a 4 month old female kitten.

she is usually jumping and running around 24/7.

this morning, she all of a sudden started walking low to the ground with raised butt and after a few steps, she lays flat on the ground and sometimes her rear is shaking.

she doesnt go out. she only has her regular dry food and this morning she had 1 wet can food.

any thoughts?
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: our kitten all of a sudden today starting walking weird

Post by fjm »

I would suspect an injury. Does she react if you run your hand down her back, or gently lift each paw? If it does not clear in the next hour or two I would try to get her to a vet - meanwhile I would keep her confined somewhere with no jumping, food, water, tray and comfy bed close by.

The other, less likely, possibility is that she is in season - if she starts rolling and writhing and calling that would confirm it. Confinement would be a good idea for that, too - it is amazing how determined they can be to get out and find a mate.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

My first thought is her coming into season, especially at this time of year.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

booktigger wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:14 am My first thought is her coming into season, especially at this time of year.
me too - classic signs - keep her away from any unneutered toms and see if vet can spay her sooner rather than later
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Agree with Kay and Booktigger. Happened to me with my first cat Sally, rushed of to vet thinking she was gravely ill, only to find out she was on heat. (OK I should have realised why the local tom cat was sitting on my front door.)