Diesel - sudden temporary stiffness after running

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Ninac
New Cat Chatter

Diesel - sudden temporary stiffness after running

Post by Ninac »

Hi

Hope you can help. I have my dear cat Diesel, he’s an indoor cat and nearly 6 years old. There have been two incidents, one 6 months ago and one yesterday when he was very happy playing chase in the apartment (I’m conscious that he is indoor so try to exercise and play with him as much as I can), when he ended up on the top of his cat scratcher and then climbed down and seemed to be stuck on the floor. It seemed that his body was stiff. I got very very worried but didn’t know what to do. I stroked his head gently and talked to him. He soon recovered but seemed worryingly calm given minutes before he was running around. He went to eat his dry food so I gave him half a pack of wet food which he devoured extraordinarily fast. I’ve kept an eye on him all day and he seems okay but I’m now worried. This happened in a similar way about 6 months ago. Since then, no incidents but I did notice that when galloping around fast he will suddenly sit with his paws in front of him. Any advice or clues please? I will also call up a couple of vets reading the on the internet is getting me a bit worried. Thanks,! Nina