Desperate to source some Eprex quickly

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Desperate to source some Eprex quickly

Post by MarkB »

Hi all,

I used to be a regular on here but haven't posted forages.

One of my cats Lukas,whoI took in as a stray about 2 1/2 years ago has suddenly developed advanced kidney disease. We have hadhim on Fluids since Saturday but he has severe anaemia.The vet said some Eprex injections might help him.He is down to about 30% of normal red blood cells.

As it's a human med and not licences for animals,it has to come from a regular pharmacy.I have phoned at least 20 today and none have it in stock. They say it is a special and can't guarantee a delivery date,but some say it could take up t 10 days.My vet said 5 days might even be too late. He ate a small amount yesterday but hasn't eaten at all today.I bought him back from the vet around 6pm as she said he might eat at home.He has refused everything. He fell asleep in minutes,so hoping to tempt him later.

If anyone has some Eprex or another brand Erythropoietin that they would be willing to sell and post to meby express (Or Ic ould collect if it isn't too far)

Sorry for the rushed post, but very stressed her.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Desperate to source some Eprex quickly

Post by booktigger »

Fingers crossed Mark, I was only thinking about you yesterday
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Thanks Desley.Very worrying time. He went downhiil over the course of a few days
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

We managed to get some Eprex last week. Some amazing people from Stray Cats West Midlands did a 350 mile round trip to get it to us. He started the injections the following day (The Thursday) the vet said he was very poorly but it was worth a try. He had the 2nd shot on the Friday. On the Saturday he was very subdued but I thought he would be OK until the Monday. I was syringe feeding and giving him SubQs . Sadly he suddenly passed away last Sunday morning. Heartbroken.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

I'm so sorry to hear that Mark, RIP Lukas