Sex of Kitten Please HELP

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Dipu4213
New Cat Chatter

Sex of Kitten Please HELP

Post by Dipu4213 »

I received stating kitten was a male. I took her/him to vet and they said they haven’t seen anything like this and say it seems though she’s a female but to wait another month. I am so confused ! What do you guys think?
Attachments
F0C7AC05-E7EB-49E2-B827-A0923F868408.jpeg
F0C7AC05-E7EB-49E2-B827-A0923F868408.jpeg (25.92 KiB) Viewed 625 times
JulieJulie
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Sex of Kitten Please HELP

Post by JulieJulie »

Possibly whoever homed the kitten to you was not experienced enough to tell so guessed rather than say they weren't sure. Sometimes the boys testicles may take a bit longer to drop down. My sister had a boy and his were tucked inside him (he was still neutered).
As your vet says, give it a while as s/he is so young and still developing.
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by fjm »

Could even be intersex - it does happen. More likely all will become clearer as s/he matures a little, though. And it is very easy to misread sex in kittens if you are not familiar with them, especially if the whole litter are females - I know ! (I was only 12 at the time, and there was no internet to help...)
lucy_k5
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 0

Post by lucy_k5 »

Do not worry. Maybe the kitten is very young and male and has not lowered her testicles. I had a cat that did not know what its sex was and I was talking to a friend of mine on webcamImage and he explained to me that most likely it was not developed very well and it was necessary to wait more time to define the sex of the animal. About a year later we found out it was a male.