Moving House

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
geckodiva
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Moving House

Post by geckodiva »

Got some paperwork through for the purchase of a new house (new for us, not new build). There is the usual covenant guff about no walls or parking of boats on the front etc. Has anyone ever come across one that says no more than 2 domestic pets? ! ! !!!
Hunnybunny
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Moving House

Post by Hunnybunny »

If its ex council they usually come with restrictions.
Camdengirl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Camdengirl »

The leases for my building actually say no pets at all. But we all have a share of the company that owns the freehold, and when I moved in there was already a dog in the building. Nobody minded me getting a cat providing there were no issues with 'cat smell'...not sure what the details are in your case but it may be you can check out whether it is actually enforced...our lease also says something about how often windows have to be cleaned and how frequently the exterior and communal parts should be decorated, and nobody pays any attention to those either...
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

My old flat and the one now are both ex council with the council still being the leaseholder. The old one had a clause of no pets if I recall (which I obviously totally ignored :lol: ); and this one now doesn't mention anything at all.