Eye problem

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
harold
New Cat Chatter

Eye problem

Post by harold »

Hi guys I'm looking for some advice regarding a female cat of around 8 yrs old.
I think I would be right in calling her semi feral.
She appeared at the house when she was a very small kitten and has stuck around and I feed her 3 times a day and she sleeps in my shed.
She has only appeared for food in the mornings this past week so I assumed she was getting better offerings elsewhere.
Another large stray has appeared recently in the garden and I thought that may have had something to do with it.
But this morning I noticed a problem with her right eye and it doesn't look to clever and was wondering if anyone here would know what it could be.
I'll try to upload a pic.
Thanks for any advice.
00.jpg
richardbajor
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Eye problem

Post by richardbajor »

As no-one else has answered and I was on here for my own question I guess we don't have any experts for that particular problem with the eye.

The only obvious solution is to email your vet or local cats protection and see what they think.

Not sure if the photo was on a zoom but it seems like the cat isn't too scared of you so maybe there is some chance, with advice from cats protection, of how you might be able to catch her and take her to the vets. Also might give you the chance to adopt her properly if you are able, as I imagine she's at the age now where she could do with a few more indoor comforts.