Catfood with no cereals, potatoes, soya...

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
andtiggertoo
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Catfood with no cereals, potatoes, soya...

Post by andtiggertoo »

She's more likely to have eaten a fuchsia flower that seem to hold endless fascination for her. We don't have any grass in our backyard, and she never goes out of it. She's scratching again this evening, and I've had a good rootle around everywhere trying to think what it might be (and hoping it's not dust mites, because housework is never even close to the top of my list of priorities!). We don't use harsh chemicals for cleaning - just microfibre cloths, water and vinegar/lemon juice with the odd bit of Cif in the kitchen sink. Really am a bit baffled, but there is obviously something somewhere.
Eliz+Cats
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Eliz+Cats »

Hi, regarding grain and soya free foods a few options to consider might be;
Grau grain-free and Catz Finefoods from Zooplus (check ingredients as some Catz Finefoods contain fruits/veg)
Lily's kitchen trays and cans (in some supermarkets and online)
Granatapet and Macs grain-free (online from the Happy Kitty Company).

(I have a diabetic cat who needs a low carb diet but who also doesn't tolerate soya.)

Eliz
andtiggertoo
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by andtiggertoo »

Thanks for the suggestions. The Grau looks like an option. So many dried foods contain either yeast or potato flakes/puree/protein. Have found one - Josera - on Zooplus that doesn't contain any of her allergens, and fortunately so far she likes it. Phew.
Brenda OC
New Cat Chatter

Post by Brenda OC »

Hi!

This looks a good mix to add to any raw/cooked fresh food...

http://tcfeline.com/tcpremix-europe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good site for info too. :)

You can buy ready made frozen meals from http://www.nutriment.co/cat-food/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Order the starter kit to see if your cat will eat them. We've only just done this and it's very slowly, slowly!
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

is it Josera Carisimo she likes? I've been buying this for a while, and all three of mine like it - and it's not expensive

good luck with the Grau - it smelt really good to me but none of mine would so much as taste it - same with the Catz - in fact they all prefer good dry food to any of the wet foods, even the best quality ones
andtiggertoo
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by andtiggertoo »

No, it's the Josera Sensicat. The other one has potato starch in it, which is one of the things Millie is allergic to.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

check out Josera Culinesse too - no potato starch in it - I've just checked my bag of it

incidently, you have helped me out with my Trigger, who has food intolerances - manifested in a lot of yellow smelly poo - but I've struggled for ages to get to the bottom of the source(s) - I've suspected fish, dairy, wheat and eggs, and remain suspicious of the last three - but I never considered yeast

then after ages of no problems after I'd cut out the usual suspects, I had the first episode of the stinky stuff - which was worrying as I thought I was on the wrong track after all - then read your comment about yeast, checked out the composition of the Seraquin I'd just started him on, and lo and behold it contains yeast

swapped it for Cosequin and no further problems

after all these years and thousands of yeast-containing treats ................ bingo
andtiggertoo
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by andtiggertoo »

Oh well, at least it's been useful for something. We had cut out wheat and fish from Millie's diet, but it actually turns out she's fine with both of those. Sod's law, I think it's called! I hope Trigger continues to be, er, yellow poo free!
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

my Grau herbal paste arrived today, and I offered some to Trigger and Tiffany on my finger - which they both nearly had off, such was their enthusiasm

so another ongoing regular expense, I suppose :roll:
andtiggertoo
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by andtiggertoo »

Millie is not keen on the Grau paste. She likes Katalax (she would, given the price) and she likes the Trixie one, but not the Grau. Sigh.