Katalax substitute anyone?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
andtiggertoo
VIP Cat Chatter!

Katalax substitute anyone?

Post by andtiggertoo »

Back to the digestive issue... Millie does very well taking a daily dose of Katalax, but it is sooooooo expensive. Has anyone found a substitute that doesn't contain anything else than soft paraffin, cod liver oil and malt extract?

She can't have anything with yeast, soya, peas, potatoes, lamb or oats (yeast being the really relevant bit here).
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Katalax substitute anyone?

Post by Kay »

I have a tube of Laxapet in my pet medicine cupboard, described as a highly palatable malt-based gel - contents lecithin, fish liver oil, vitamin A, thiamine, riboflavin, pyridoxine, cuanocoalamin, and sodium benzoate as a preservative

I bought it some time ago, and don't remember if it was expensive, but you might like to check it out
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

what about hemp oil mixed in with her food?
andtiggertoo
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by andtiggertoo »

I think I may have tried hemp oil in the past. Remember that her middle name is Fussy... She actually really likes Katalax, but it will bankrupt me!
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

My vet allows a small amount of Lactulose which you can get from any pharmacy fairly cheaply. Check the dosage with your vet though. It's ages since I've used it so I can't remember the dosage.