Email for a form - DO NOT CALL AS ALOT OF OUR VOLUNTEERS ARE HAVING HOSPITAL TREATMENT - SO PHONE IS ONLY BEING USED FOR CATS NEEDING TO COME IN FOR CARE - IF YOU APPLY BY FORM THEN YOU WILL BE CALLED IF YOU MATCH
LOCATION GREATER LONDON OR CENTRAL LONDON
INDOOR ONLY Quiet home wanted, no children under 12 years and no other pets.
9 YEAR OLD LOVING MAINE COON GIRL, ONLY EVER LIVED INDOOR.
Not lived with other pets.
Mommy died and lady who took her on became allergic to cats :( Aussie needed a dental and we are doing this (booked for 25/1/19 at fosterer's vet) and she is ready to adopt late Jan19. As we will do pre op bloods to check her kidneys due to her age and also the dental, microchip and vacc if due, her adoption fee is £195 to try and help towards these costs.
This is what her previous mommy said about her -
I took her in when her previous mommy died.
She is 9 year old, very gentle, she is timid and gets comfort from her routine. She is affectionate and clean but she doesn’t like to be picked up or held. She enjoys sitting on your knee or close to you. She is a house cat, She uses a scratch post to keep her nails short. I brush her about every 3 days and she enjoys being brushed although she usually makes it a bit of a game.
She does like to chase toys particularly her furry snake.
I think the ideal home for her would be an older person or couple who have a fairly quiet life. She enjoys lots of affection and sitting on your lap or close to you.
Before applying for a Strawberry cat please read the following.
1. Unless otherwise stated, our cats are strictly indoor only. This means that windows/doors cannot be left open in any room to which the cat has access. A cat cannot be trained to be indoor only - it must be supervised. All members of the house must be in agreement, and understand about keeping doors and windows closed. We are happy to re-home to a flat but, likewise, this means windows closed and no balcony access, unless the balcony is totally cat-proofed (netting all the way), same is true for roof terraces, so that they cannot drop to their death.
2. Unless otherwise stated, we do not re-home to children under 6 years old. If there is nothing stated to contrary, assume the cat cannot go to a child under six. For other cats, please also bear in mind that some cats may also be found to be unsuitable, even for children over 6.
3. It is a requirement of our adoption policy that lifetime insurance is obtained and maintained
for every cat adopted. We provide 5 weeks free insurance with every adoption, but the original policy may not suit you and as we are not financial advisors you should seek out the best and appropriate insurance to suit your own needs.
4. Most cats are in Greater London, Essex or Kent, with some fostered further afield. We have volunteers who can transport cats nearer or to you, but fuel costs are payable by yourselves.
If you are happy with the above criteria and want to enquire further or reserve a cat, please email.
- Gender: Female
- Fur colour:Tortoiseshell
- Breed: Maine Coon
- Age(When Added):9 Year(s) Old
- Indoor/OutdoorIndoor Only
- Can live with children: No
- Can live with dogs: No
- Can live with other cats: No