Temporary Re-Homing / Fostering

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
Psychonaut
New Cat Chatter

Temporary Re-Homing / Fostering

Post by Psychonaut »

Hello All

This may be a slightly unusual request.

I am a criminal defence solicitor presently acting for a person who has been remanded into custody accused of criminal offences. My client has two cats, who are presently still in the client's property following the remand into custody. There are no friends or relatives who can look after them.

I have made enquiries of the RSCPA and Cats Protection, both of whom have advised that they would only be able to assist if the client signed the cats over to them for permanent re-homing. I do not have my client's authority to do that, and as the client is in custody there is likely to be a delay of several days before such authority was forthcoming, even if the client was minded to grant it.

My client has given me keys to the flat and I have authority to hand to them over to an organisation that might look after the cats whilst he is inside, but obviously he has been convicted of no offence at this stage and should he be acquitted he would like to have his cats back. I went round over the weekend and put some food down, but the client's address is a significant distance from my home and that is not something that I can feasibly do daily for the duration of the case.

Does anyone on this forum know of any charity or organisation in the Milton Keynes area that would be able to look after the cats temporarily, whilst my client's case is ongoing?

Grateful for any assistance that can be provided.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Temporary Re-Homing / Fostering

Post by Janey »

Hi, you could try other rescues in the area:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/bucks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Many rescues rely on foster homes so one of those may be able to assist or advise. Best of luck.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I have sent you a pm - I've spoken to the lady I mentioned and she is expecting a call from you.
Psychonaut
New Cat Chatter

Post by Psychonaut »

Thank you both for your replies. I cannot find where to access direct messages. It's a silly question, but where do I find them?
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

I don't think this board has a private messaging system, but Crewella probably means she has sent you a private email
Psychonaut
New Cat Chatter

Post by Psychonaut »

Thanks. I eventually worked that out and checked my emails. I've been in touch with the lady you mentioned Crewella and she was most helpful.

Thank you all for your assistance. It is much appreciated
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

So sorry, I should have made it clearer! Glad to have been of help and I hope you do manage to get something sorted out.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Just to add, I know that these cats are now sorted. :)